Alex’s Adventure aims to educate post primary students on substance misuse and the real-life effects our choices have. The program is broken into a 4-tier package system where schools and communities can “Build your own ED-venture” focusing on the school’s specific needs in relation to substance misuse. The program is designed in mind with the new Junior SPHE Curriculum and is based on 4 key learning outcomes including Who am I, Minding Myself & Others, Team Up & My Mental Health and is suited to post-primary students from 1st - 4th Year.
1. Communicating effectively using a variety of means in a range of contexts.
2. Having an awareness of personal values and an understanding of the process of moral decision making.
3. Valuing what it means to be an active citizen, with rights and responsibilities in local and wider contexts.
4. Developing the awareness, knowledge, skills, values and motivation to live sustainably.
5. Taking action to safeguard and promote her/his wellbeing and that of others.
6. Observing and evaluating empirical events and processes and draws valid deductions and conclusions.
7. Using technology and digital media tools to learn, communicate, work and think collaboratively and creatively in a responsible and ethical matter.
Here at Alex’s Adventure we understand that not every school or community will have the same substance misuse problems with the same topics, so we’ve created the “Build your own ED-venture” package. We want you to have a completely unique experiences that is tailored to the school’s or communities’ specific needs and experience your own learning adventure.
We team up corporates and business to sponsor schools or community groups in their local area. Depending on the package the school then gets to opt in and build a program that is suited to them and delivered by the Nicole online through a series of interactive online lessons– your very own “Virtual Tutor”. We have a wide range of topics that we cover including Synthetic drugs, a various list of Illicit drugs, Overdose Symptoms as well as Drugs & the Law and everything in between. We also have lessons on ways to say No, respecting others, resilience building and self-esteem.
We believe that by helping others understand substance misuse that it can not only change lives but also save lives and for every package that we sell we also dedicate a half day workshop to another school that can avail of it throughout the school year. Our programs have been piloted and proven to make an impact and we are providing a long lasting and unbiased drug education system with real stories and real people. We make the content easy, because it can often be overwhelming, relevant and simple to understand.