If the dose is too high or the recommended daily dose is exceeded, an ambulance should be called straight away by dialing 999 or 112:
Overdose symptoms, listed below, usually only occur 24 hours after taking the drug.
Death from paracetamol overdose often takes a couple of days and is usually very painful.
Paracetamol is usually swallowed and comes in different forms including:
There is no safe level of drug use. Use of any drug always carries risk.
The effects of taking Paracetamol with other drugs including over-the-counter or prescribed medications can be unpredictable and dangerous.